Making Your Affirmations More Powerful
“The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. —William James
When you create affirmations, you need to focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. People often articulate their goals in negative terms. For example, “I want to be in a fulfilling, lifelong relationship” and “I don’t want to end up sad and alone” might seem like two ways of saying the same thing. They’re not. To your subconscious brain, they are saying the opposite. Your subconscious doesn’t know the difference between “I want” and “I don’t want.” It just hears “lifelong, fulfilling relationship” or “sad and alone.”
If you want to master your affirmation to create the wealth and prosperity you desire, I will show you how. While positive affirmations come in many forms, the structure remains the same. Whatever form you choose, be as clear, specific and succinct as possible:
I am: A statement of who you are.
These are positive affirmations of a real state of being that exists in you. You can achieve a full list of ‘I am’ statements by taking a personal positive inventory of your attributes, strengths, talents and competencies.
- I am perfectly healthy in mind, body and spirit.
- I am a genius and I use my wisdom daily.
- I am passionate about everything I do.
I can: A statement of your potential.
This is a positive expression of your ability to accomplish goals. It is a statement in your belief in your power to grow, change and help yourself. I can statements could be designed after you have a set of goals.
- I can love my partner unconditionally.
- I can stop smoking easily.
- I can grow my business and be financially free.
I will: A statement of positive change in your life.
Positive affirmations of what you want to happen. It is a success prophecy. I will statements are developed after you have set your priorities and goals. Many times the word “will” can be removed to bring the statement to the present.
- I will love and nurture myself better each day.
- I will gain more confidence each day.
- I will do my visualizations daily.
You can intensify your affirmations with a single word—easily.
I am earning $1,000,000 a month versus I am easily earning $1,000,000 a month.
Notice how the wordeasily adds a sense of calmness and intensifies the positive emotional impact of the affirmation?
Here are some other ways to make your affirmations stronger:
1) Make sure your affirmations are bold, clear, and positive.
2) Practice saying your affirmations for 30 minutes a day. Say them in your head and out loud, even if it’s awkward for you.Your new vision takes courage and you can’t wait for your affirmations to feel genuine, they won’t feel genuine until you start believing them.
3) When you start doubting your affirmations, realize your non-conscious brain is sending you a signal based on your conditioning—not on what you are capable of achieving.
4) Keep recommitting to the process. Every time you set a goal higher, commit to re-articulating that goal and imprinting it onto your non-conscious brain.
5) Along with your affirmation, take action.
6) An affirmation alone will not cause results to happen in your life, unless you have the right plan to back up that affirmation and are taking daily action in accordance with the plan.
Remember that affirmations take some time, but once you begin the process, you will be surprised by just how quickly it happens. At first, it feels like a lot of effort without much result, but soon the momentum of the process begins to take over. Within you is a genius yearning to express itself. All you need is to learn how to use your conscious faculties to tap into the phenomenal power of that non-conscious brain of yours.
After all, (read this out loud): I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.